SiDE was a £12M interdisciplinary research project aimed at realising the potential for digital technologies to transform the lives of people who are socially excluded. Its focus was on four activities where digital technologies can deliver major social benefits: Connected Community & Community, Accessibility, Inclusive Transport, and the Creative Industries.
- Create a brand for research project.
- Design, plan and build central website (hub) for project.
- Include functionality to post cross disciplinary case studies, news and events.
- Code website to a high level of web accessibility including aiding the visually impaired and screen reader users.
- Intuitive navigation and U.I
- Structure accommodates multiple user groups (Researchers, Media, Project participants, Public)
- All 200+ research projects cross populated throughout different activities and perspectives.
- Well received site, central to project activity displaying project work and events.
- Site central to engaging participants and sharing information.